From Crete to Santorini to Athens, Greece proved to offer so much more then what we expected. I still find it so incredible that places like this still exist. Arden and I only had time to visit three of the islands of Greece, but our trip was based on the idea “less is more”. If you’re planning a trip soon to Greece here are some of my top recommendations:
– Plan ahead as the ferries to and from the Islands often come / arrive late
– Eat Gyros Kebabs everyday for dinner; super cheap and super tasty!
– The donkeys are a lot of fun but a little bit dangerous in that you often ride unattended
– Do not climb the volcano midday; the heat can become unbearable no matter how spectacular the views!
– If you are staying on Santorini, aim for Fira Town (not Fira Centre)- the most amazing places to stay are located here (or at Oia!)
– It’s a small Island and 5 days here would be plenty of time! It takes about an hour to ride from one side of the town to the other on a quad bike
– Drinks in the Fira Centre can be expensive! Try drink and eat at some of the less touristy spots
If you are planning to head anywhere in Europe, feel free to contact me for some travel tips and advice that will save you time and money and ensure you get the best experience! For now, enjoy some of my photos from our 10 days in Greece! #PicturesSayAThousandWords