It is two months today until I get married! The past eight months have been an emotional rollercoaster of ups and downs. Getting married is an experience that makes you deeply think about yourself, your partner, your family, your friends and where your life is heading. I feel so much better when I get things off my chest, so here are ten of my confessions regarding the big day and all that comes with it.
1. I sometimes wonder if I should have waited to get married later when I had more money saved up so that I could afford a designer wedding dress like Steven Khalil. Or be able to say yes to all my vendors, instead of hunting around for a cheaper service price. But then again, I love my dress and I love my budget DIY ideas.
2. It is really hard in this day and age to find the perfect balance of a traditional, formal, indie and fun wedding. One that your parents agree on and one that your friends will enjoy e.g. a formal church service, ice cream carts and a cocktail style wedding all in one!
3. I am slightly intimidated by my wedding dress. Come on – it dictates how you look, feel and the tone you set on one of the most important days of your life!
4. I often wonder whether my guests will really remember what flavoured cake we had and the music we chose for our first dance. I think sometimes these are little details that brides fuss over – that are easily forgotten.
5. Sometimes I wonder whether my guests will really notice what went wrong and what went right. As long as everyone gets one good Instagram snap… we tend to leave happy 😉
6. I trust my fiancee’s choice in suits… even though he chose them practically in one day and I haven’t seen the groomsmen in the suits.
7. Bridal expos are the worst. Thanks for the unnecessary stress and pressure, vendors.
8. I don’t feel the need to put my bridesmaids in ugly dresses to make myself feel beautiful on the day. It’s two months until the wedding and I still haven’t chosen a dress for them.
9. I am a tad more excited about marriage itself, and living with my husband than the wedding.
10. I am not really fussed about my hair and make up on the day. I don’t want to show up looking like someone totally different.