It’s funny how life passes by. Days. Weeks. Months. Years. I’ve learnt that it’s about the little changes you make on a daily basis, that end up being the big changes.
Little by little our lives and relationships blossom. Minor things with the right kind of attention can become something you never would have expected them to.
I’ve just come back from Hillsong Colour Conference in Sydney, and I’m feeling so enlightened and encouraged. It’s amazing what a couple of days devoted to bettering your faith and being surrounded by inspirational women can do. If you haven’t been before, I would highly recommend going. It’s my second conference and I’m already signed up for my third next year! Woo bring it on.
Thought I’d share some nuggets of wisdom that I got out of the conference..
- Marriage is a dance. And you just need to keep dancing when the music changes.
- Don’t let roles define you. Or your relationships. Because roles change, and they can’t determine how your relationships work.
- Speak up to your friends and be more purposeful in who you give your time to. Communicate your commitment to friendships.
- Saying No is powerful.
- Discover beauty in everyone. Even if we disagree with them.
- Through relationships, God shows up and moves.
- Stop drawing lines Jesus never drew
- Jesus = your personal bravery
I could really just go on… So much goodness! It’s makes my soul smile.
“Get the best of evil by doing good.”
Arden and I are now in another interesting season in our life. We’ve been married for a year and a half and we just keep learning. About each other, about life, about God… I can’t say I’ve fully understood how things work yet, and I know I never will. It’s kind of scary.
Sometimes God throws interesting roadblocks in the way. Maybe roadblocks is the wrong word for it. New paths that weren’t previously around? Opportunities you didn’t expect. Worldly assignments that become Godly missions? I’m not sure yet. As you can see there are many questions in my head right now.
If only the right answer was clearer. I was talking to some girls about how sometimes God doesn’t give you a Yes or No answer. It’s more a movement in the day to day. What people say, what opportunities become present.. I feel like God is saying “just go with the wind.” Because he ultimately is the wind. And I trust his guidance.
Hope you’ve all been well, and are growing and full of joy.
(Remember choose Joy – it’s a decision, not a feeling)
Love A x